Used stamps exchanges.

You send 100 used stamps
to a random member
and you receive 100 back!

Discussions
Categories | Subjects | Messages
Speculative profiles.
09 Dec 2020, 11:44:32
Now and then I receive addresses to collectors with a profile I would call speculative.lThey look all more or less similar. They ask for stamps from small islands with very few genuinely used stamps. They also ask for stamps from other countries issued the last 3-5 years. Of course they know that mail volume has dramatically been reduced since 2010. I think their aim is to get as many stamps of some value as possible, and I intend to cancel their addresses when possible.
14 Dec 2020, 16:05:26
Erling, they are from several different countries. The first one I mentioned/cancelled was from France.
Don't worry about that! :-)
12 Dec 2020, 11:33:47
Sorry there are collectors that do not give our country the best of reputations. But I think it is good that we clean up this irritating problem.
11 Dec 2020, 18:51:17
I received info, thanks to all (in 500+ sent letters, i never did cancel)
11 Dec 2020, 16:33:07
Krepki, you just need to go to your "Stamps Exchanges", click on the stamp exchange ID you want to cancel, and on the bottom of the exchange page you will see a cancellation button.
11 Dec 2020, 16:31:00
For me now is just "canceling", because I have already sent several good lots of 100 stamps (really good) to get just a 3*, or very rarely 4*.
It's not worth "wasting" good used stamps on these users, just to receive a neutral (or even negative) evaluation ...
11 Dec 2020, 16:28:02
I just canceled another one, to Norway ...
Only "stamps from "smaller" countries - or stamps 2005-2020 from any country except Germany"
11 Dec 2020, 08:57:57
Krepki, after one month you can cancel one sending.
09 Dec 2020, 20:36:53
i agree with all of you...
Profiles should be just guideline... i guess none of you has 100 butterfly stamps for exchange ;)
especially because i get repeated addresses all the time...
it is about sending "blind material" - so even if profile is that demanding i send 100 good stamps - i hate no this/no that, just "Micronesia and Vatican from last 17 months - used"
c mon! if you plan to make money - go on ebay
here we have fun and if i receive something nice within snding, im just happier
(postage cost is bigger than buying stamps online, but where is the fun?)
and as @Erling wrote - quite some examples within same address, same demands, different profiles (had these examples from Croatia, Italy and mostly Russia)

PS - where and how you can skip sending to a person? newer saw that option...
09 Dec 2020, 17:54:37
Agree, very annoying.

Is it an idea to make a "100newstamps.club" for those demanding users?
09 Dec 2020, 17:29:32
I send recent stamps of Canada (2010+) to partners that send me recent stamps of their country.
I do not appreciate partners who ask for recent stamps and send me older stamps that I already have in return. I think that this is not a fair deal.
09 Dec 2020, 17:04:57
Agree with Erling. Some days ago I also cancelled an allocation exchange (first one I did) because the profile stated: "I only want stamps from 2010 on-wards".
From my country, Portugal, recent used stamps are very, but very, rare ... their price is the same as a mint one, thus I cannot exchange that kind of stamps in a club like this ("blind" exchanges)!
swapcards.club
Trading Cards Swaps