Used stamps exchanges.

You send 100 used stamps
to a random member
and you receive 100 back!

Discussions
Categories | Subjects | Messages
new members with own rules
04 Dec 2020, 19:35:03
This is a profile statement of a new member from Belgium: "I SEND 100 BIG FORMAT , I WANT 100 BIG FORMAT , otherwise NEGATIVE FEEDBACK .. "
The club has ist own admitted rules. No "WANT THIS" or "WANT THAT" and otherwise sequels.
I think, not a good way to introduce.
I just got this member for exchange, but I'm thinking about cancelling.
06 Dec 2020, 11:40:21
Erling, additional rules of the project are here:
https://100stamps.club/discussions/messages/180
06 Dec 2020, 11:23:24
I think this is a very important discussion. Our aim must be to better the quality of the selections. Sometimes I think that the stamps received are of less value than the postage paid. I dislike that some send stamps they clearly want to get rid of. I almost never send French stamps to a French collector. The reason is that I doubt I can send French stamps the collector would be interested in. But I have several times received very common Norwegian stamps. The old saying "Do not bring coals to Newcastle" is still valid. But what are the rules for canceling an address? I remember it was discussed some time ago.
05 Dec 2020, 18:38:38
I did sent stamps to this member also and I was surprise the he requested large stamps only and preference for North America so I sent 100 all large US and Canadian stamps. A couple of days back I received a sending from this very same member it included all commemorative stamps from Belgium with some damaged but the excess stamps make up for difference. He ask for large stamps and that is what he sends so that's fine with me. Other members ask to please do not send small stamps but in turn they send quite a few of their own. I know that we have basic rules to go by but please do not send stamps that you, yourself, wouldn't want to receive.
05 Dec 2020, 17:16:03
i just wrote a letter and made a picture of it - if anyone interested, contact me on my email (krepki(at)gmail.com) ;)
we are good group, arent we...
05 Dec 2020, 17:08:06
@Wolfgang
but i didnt - i just received address of this user. I am having a debate by myself - should i send 100 BIG CTOs or just pure ww mix of stamps, that are normal in our club...
I will see...
anyhow I will write in letter what i think about that kind of approach (i will get bad rate, but i dont care!)

but the thing that gets me the most is capital lettering (yelling!) and one sentance:
HOPE WE CAN AGREE ON THAT !
it sounds like a little treath to me...
05 Dec 2020, 16:45:40
You are our hero Wolfgang :).
05 Dec 2020, 16:12:39
You are all right! I decided to cancel this exchange.
05 Dec 2020, 11:41:42
I had the joy of receiving stamps from this belgian stamp collector: https://100stamps.club/stamps/BE-1130. He does not play by his own rules. So far, he has not commented. By the way, some people have started to complain when they get 4 instead of 5 points. They call 4 points 'very meagre'. However, if you send me a large quantity of old stamps, many damaged, many long running very common series, I don't think I am obliged to give five points. To be honest, I am this close to leaving the club. Unfortunately, I received quite a few very ugly exchanges or complaints about my rating. As most of you know, I invest quite a bit of time and money into getting good quality trading material of unusual countries (Germany is banned on many profiles). Most of us suffer of anxiety in these unusual times but please, don't take it out on fellow club members!
05 Dec 2020, 09:23:02
What is "BIG FORMAT". In this way, only children and amateurs divide the stamps into small and big.
05 Dec 2020, 09:15:14
we should expose those kind of "demand traders"
it kills all of joy (which we all need in big quantities in this absurd times)
05 Dec 2020, 01:49:44
If he/she doesn't agree with the rules of the exchange they shouldn't have joined.
The threat of "negative feedback" for not sending what they want should be grounds for expulsion.

04 Dec 2020, 23:55:18
Wolfgang, I agree with you.
swapstickers.club
Stickers Swaps