Used stamps exchanges.

You send 100 used stamps
to a random member
and you receive 100 back!

Discussions
Categories | Subjects | Messages
Trades
19 May 2019, 02:10:55
What do I do with trades I have been assigned that refuse anything in their wish list, But issues from only the last 10 years, only issues after 2015, lists of impossible subjects.
I receive all kinds of issues, old, new, Definitives, large, Christmas, which is fine. Have sent and received many trades, it has been fun, but now??
22 Aug 2019, 21:50:47
Ziga, you could see it in your private conversations here or ask me anytime :))
22 Aug 2019, 21:13:25
@natalia
more than enough!
i wanna kiss you, so happy i am ;)
(i had this link, but got lost when my comp broke & tried to find it so badly!)
22 Aug 2019, 05:58:49
Natalia - that would explain why some soak very easy and others not so easy. The ones you sent me some time ago are the ones I now have and I got a few out of mixes. I did notice there were some differences but had no idea there were so many types and different printings. Thank you for this information. Now I have to check any new ones I get more carefully. Happy stamping.
21 Aug 2019, 21:19:25
Ziga, is this information really not enough for you? :)
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwikiphilately.ru%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3D%25D0%259A%25D0%25B0%25D1%2582%25D0%25B0%25D0%25BB%25D0%25BE%25D0%25B3%25D0%25B8%3A%25D0%25A3%25D0%25BA%25D1%2580%25D0%25B0%25D0%25B8%25D0%25BD%25D0%25B0%3A%25D1%2581%25D1%2582%25D0%25B0%25D0%25BD%25D0%25B4%25D0%25B0%25D1%2580%25D1%2582%3A%25D0%2592%25D0%25BE%25D1%2581%25D1%258C%25D0%25BC%25D0%25BE%25D0%25B9_%25D0%25A1%25D1%2582%25D0%25B0%25D0%25BD%25D0%25B4%25D0%25B0%25D1%2580%25D1%2582
21 Aug 2019, 21:08:02
@natalia
wow - you are encyclopedia !
im looking for such explanation with dates for Ukraine tree definitives ;)
21 Aug 2019, 12:53:29
Jim, the Kremlin series has been issued since October, 2009 and had several reprints. The first series was on cameo-coated paper and had two issues (sheets of different value stamps and minisheet with all 12 stamps). These stamps differ in die-cutting forms. Then, each values were reprinted several times on matt paper and on paper with different colours. Also another minisheet with 10 stamps was issued in 2014 (without high-value stamps and with another die-cutting).
6 stamp values (2, 4, 5, 6, 10 and 25 rubles) were issued also as rollers with individual numbers between them (on the self-adhesive field) in October, 2015.
New values and pictures of 22 and 41 rubles were issued in August 2017, and another value of 46 rubles was issued in June, 2018. The last three are the so-called "tariff stamps".
21 Aug 2019, 05:55:57
If anyone gets my name as a trader, you can send me a set of the Kremlin stamps. I think they are very attractive. If they are on paper just leave lots of room to trim. These that are posted on top of others in the set ruins the whole thing as it is impossible to separate them. I would like to get single stamps and the whole set. I have a few already. Just a hint. Happy trading.
19 Aug 2019, 18:12:36
Hi Variaznel,

ok. Thank you. Anyway, I have two or three of the Kremlin stamps, I don't have any of the Gremlins stamp series.
18 Aug 2019, 22:30:04
CambiosClub - I guess belzkoch means these Russian Kremlin stamps: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/b0/49/c9b04995428df2dd283f125fc0d180eb.jpg
18 Aug 2019, 16:43:38
Hi belzkoch,

Gremlin stamps are these? http://www.philatelia.net/literature/stamps/?id=15919
17 Aug 2019, 18:43:41
And one more thing: I think we should try to avoid sending too many too common stamps. Stamps we all have a lot. Whats the use in sending for example the Gremlin stamps? Everybody has got those.
It's better to send older stamps less common.
17 Aug 2019, 18:39:22
We know almost everybody wants new stamps. The least we all can do is put nice commemoratives (very recent) on the envelope, instead of a sticker or common definitives.
So the receiver can at least put some new stamps to his / her collection.
This is so easy to do. One or more very nice uncommon stamps!
10 Aug 2019, 14:37:11
Don't worry. Everything is so subjective.
10 Aug 2019, 14:33:23
generous-stingy:It is easy, very easy. Same stamps I punctuate 5, they punctuate me 3. Same stamps some punctuate 5, others 3. Some seem good although they are worthless, others seem bad because they are not worth them because they do not meet their very especial demands. Easy, very easy.
10 Aug 2019, 05:02:44
4 = very good stamps (correct)
10 Aug 2019, 05:02:19
5 = great stamps
5 = very good stamps
3 = neutral, not great but not bad either, rules are followed
2 = rules clearly broken that is many damaged stamps or duplicates
1 = majority damaged and/or duplicates

i think :D i do not think the rating in a generous-stingy concept...
04 Aug 2019, 15:29:27

Many score 3 when they don't like stamps. That is not right. Preferences are preferences, not obligations. Asking for very strict things is not good for anyone. Not everyone has huge amounts of excellent stamps.
I send the stamps that I receive and I always punctuate 5. When I resend them they punctuate me 3 because they are USA or Germany. There are generous and stingy people.
03 Aug 2019, 14:21:58
Most of my stars are 5 or 3. Strange. It is partly because of me (5 = good, 3 = damage), partly because of the partner (5 = generous, 3 = stingy).
No one reads the rules?
03 Aug 2019, 14:07:02
They punctuate me with three for these reasons (copy and paste): (boxwood) "Hey Pedro, I guess you did not understand my profile" ... send ... USA after 2005 ... no small stamps. "(KLM04889) "Sorry collect no USa. Greeting René."

And my stocking on the floor.

Some have scored poorly for damaged stamps. Very well, I accept it, but this is not acceptable.
01 Aug 2019, 18:24:36
Krepki - I treat USA issues as being both. The numerous flag stamps are true definitives as they are meant for general use. Then they will put out a booklet of 10 or so stamps with each stamp being different (cats/dogs/etc) These are listed as definitives but then they sort of commemorate the topic shown. So what to do. I collect them as a stamp period. I don't care what anyone calls them. If I like it I collect it. But for the purist, I suppose they are unacceptable, and other clubs might be better for that person. (again, my opinion only)
01 Aug 2019, 17:50:37
Krepki - I treat USA issues as being both. The numerous flag stamps are true definitives as they are meant for general use. Then they will put out a booklet of 10 or so stamps with each stamp being different (cats/dogs/etc) These are listed as definitives but then they sort of commemorate the topic shown. So what to do. I collect them as a stamp period. I don't care what anyone calls them. If I like it I collect it. But for the purist, I suppose they are unacceptable, and other clubs might be better for that person. (again, my opinion only)
30 Jul 2019, 22:18:08
Commemoratives and definitives are divided not by theirs sizes. And the picture does not affect this distinction.
The difference between them lies in another field.
By the definition:
Commemoratives has the only emission. If there is a re-issue of the commemorative stamps (very seldom), it is only for philatelist's needs. They are replicas.
Standard (definitive) stamps do not initially have a stated edition, and as they are consumed by mail, they can be reprinted many times.
This is exactly the difference between commemorative and definitive stamps :)
30 Jul 2019, 21:34:02
@stamp79
true... Canada small stamps and Japan also are perfect examples of "size doesnt matter" ;)
we have (and other countries too) stamps with nominal A,B,C and D, which are mostly definitives, but last issued stamp of Slovenia is C (for volleyball championship) and it is issued in small block and listed as commemorative (with that (A,B,...) they avoid being out of date when nominal changes)
same with USA Forever issues - do you find them commemorative or definitive? but they are big! ;)
30 Jul 2019, 15:59:21
Krepki and wuff67, you hit it on the head. Here in Canada we have several series of stamps that are considered definitive issues. (they go over a couple years or until we have a increase in postage. They also cover US rates and International rates.) These stamps while in small format are definitives in name only. They are all different and cover a number of topics. In my opinion these are just small commemoratives. We do have the Queen heads and these are definitives in every sense of the word.
Most of the others come in sets of five and are quite attractive. (scenic views, animals, olympics, etc.) So anyone who would give a lower rating when getting these stamps is really too picky for this club and maybe would be happier in a club that operates by "want list" only. This is just my opinion of course. Happy stamping.
30 Jul 2019, 14:40:20
Ziga, you are absolutely right!
…..not every "small" stamp is a definitve, and not every "large" one a commemorative one.
29 Jul 2019, 22:10:17
honestly, majority of people here dont have a clue about definitives...
i realized, that by "definitive" people think about UK heads, Spanish kings and similar
but there is also so many great definitives - for me - a LOT of butterflies are definitive, even thou they dont look like it
29 Jul 2019, 17:15:03
I do not understand, why so many people in this club do not want definitives!
1) If you are collecting by countries, you do need definitives as well, otherwise the year will not be complete.
2) If you are a thematic collector, there are also thousands of definitives that will fit into your collection!
3) I always put some definitives in my lots, even when the receiver says "no def's"! I must do that because I have tenthousands of them in my stock. If I would not trade them, I would have only definitives in my stock and no more commemoratives at the end of the day.
28 Jul 2019, 16:21:40
@ KOZOU: What is most horrible is that some members demand eg. "no definitives" and yet themselves send a lot of them !

this is sooo common - I f*** hate it!
28 Jul 2019, 04:47:14
Crazz, trainfanatic and stamp79 you all made good points :) Some members are reasonable and follow the rules but I would guess around 20% do not :( I also sometimes feel I have no choice but to cancel an exchange because someone makes a lot of demands in his/her profile "NO this, NO that".

There can be PREFERENCES but the only demand is "100 different stamps in good condition" and some members do not seem to respect this simple rule :( What is most horrible is that some members demand eg. "no definitives" and yet themselves send a lot of them ! Why would anyone want to or should fill your demands and receive your clearly unwanted stamps in return? :D

Everyone should understand that someone can send 100 stamps of their own country -even it is a country they do not want and if the stamps follow the simple rules, rating must be at least a 4 ! AND someone can send 100 stamps of any country not necessarily their own if they do not have them currently in their stock.

If a member does not follow the rules, please everyone report such exchange :)
27 Jul 2019, 22:00:53
I am approaching 200 trades both ways and I have on several occasions been asked/instructed to send before this year or after that year. No CTO/no defs, no this no that. I realize it is sometimes hard to fill a lot of these requests but I have found that even when I send only a couple in their categories, I still receive a 5. (I have only received one 4) Reason is simple. Adhere to the rules, (all diff/no damaged) There is nothing that says you can't send a few defs even though your trader doesn't want them. I send very few defs but when I do it's under 10 percent and sometimes they are sent as extras. So if you play by the rules the receiver has no choice but to give you at least a 4, in most cases you should get a 5 and probably will. Otherwise he is not playing by the rules of this club and maybe should find another. So far I have found all the members to be fair. Even if you send 100+ that he/she has no use for they will still have 100+ good traders when they send letters out so in reality everyone wins when we all play by the rules. Don't give up and don't reject any trader because of what he/she wants. If you can send what he/she wants then so much the better. But I think you will be pleasantly surprised as long as what you send is within the club rules. Happy trading.
27 Jul 2019, 21:13:15
It is very difficult to exchange when the swapping partner does not want US stamps and the exchanger is from the USA.

I don't know how other exchangers handle this situation (especially from Germany and Spain). Any guidance will be helpful.

Another problem is that the swapping partner is not interested in small stamps. Not all small stamps are definitives and the tendancy that all small stamps are definitives is not correct according to my view.

I have 4 exchangers out of 6 at this moment who have the above conditions in their profile. So as a result of getting 2 or 3, I prefer not to exchange or will cancel the exchange or will let the exchange to expire!!! I have no choice.............
17 Jul 2019, 06:24:15
I had to cancel this exchange, most of my stamps are from 1935 to 1995,I am afraid I would get a 2 star if I sent 100 United States, No stamps before 2000

Exchange Partner wrote in his profile
I collect the world only after 2000 I do not collect before 2000 I do not collect Spain , USA and Germany,
I particularly like after 2010 if possible
Swiss
Serbia
Slovenia
Maxédonia
Bosnia
Kosovo
Latvia
Croatia
Lithuania
Latvia
Island
Montenegro
Monaco
Estonia
no DDR, Cuba, etc., nor country, CTO style, no common small format
I do not want stamps stuck on paper
I prefer recent stamps after 2010 if possible
03 Jul 2019, 00:41:01
Good suggest. Thanks
02 Jul 2019, 20:12:41
Good idea GPKnl!
Stefgasparri, just send 100 stamps in good condition, explain your situation to your partner, scan your lot before sending it and everything should be ok!
02 Jul 2019, 12:18:03
think you should treat a profile as a wish and not as as a strict demand.

In this case just send good stamps which can be traded again by your partner. If you can identify a few 2000+ stamps in your doubles you can add them of course.
Partner should be happy with that.
If the partner is not happy and will give you a low rating, this partner should immediatley stop here and begin his own 100stampsafter2000.club.
If you are really afraid to get an unfair low rating you should make a picture of the good stamps before sending them.
01 Jul 2019, 23:00:45
I have to send 100 stamps to a partner who only asks for stamps from 2000 onwards and from 2010 onwards for a certain list of countries. Given that my doubles are not sorted by year, but only by country and that I have very few doubles from 2000 onwards, I don't know what to do. I think I have two options:
1. I send nothing.
2. I send what I have and get a 3 and a negative comment.
Do any of you have any suggestions?
In my profile I have indicated the countries for which I am interested but I also say that I will be happy for any sending not corresponding to the profile because I believe that everyone sends what he owns and not what the partner wants.
Thanks for proposal
Stefano
12 Jun 2019, 16:19:18
@niceday
and where is then the surprise factor?
it is exchange club, not wantlist trading site

but do as you wish - this is my opinion
09 Jun 2019, 18:38:54
Some people asking for scan of the stamp you need to send?!
06 Jun 2019, 15:45:45
see http://100stamps.club/stamps/NL-2591
06 Jun 2019, 14:09:40
[img]https://i.imgur.com/rGcLVwm.jpg?1[/img]For some people it's never good: 110 stamps, so 10% to make up for any missed defects jsut in case, all pre 1990 as per the members wish and all flowers,animals, cartoons. I really spent some time to sort this out for him and then you get a 4 start rating! this sucks hard time and these kind of members make me sometimes think about quitting this club. I get dozens of unwanted stuff - cto, very commom defs etc - but give 5 star rating because the 100 different rule has been met, I only give 4 or 3 if there's more than 10 or so damaged. I do my very best to send good stuff according to peoples wishes. I never send cto, unless someone states he likes it because of motives and I only give definitives as extras. And this is the reward. I'm not the only one, he never ever has given 5 star, but I just had to share it. I'm over it now:-)
21 May 2019, 00:32:17
I try my best to accommodate other collector’s request. It is not always possible. My trading collection is grouped by country, not by topic. I do not always know what is a definitive or not as I do not have time to try to look it up. I do try to give minimum of ten stamps of ten countries. So far I have had decent ratings. I enclose a note explains why I was not able to meet their needs. Has worked for me.
20 May 2019, 11:25:34
Here it really is for a specialized wish - 5 stars = 100 undamaged different stamps. They should not be valid in the country of the recipient - these you definitely have the opportunity to get cheaper
20 May 2019, 03:48:34
Thanks for the input, yes just keep it fun
19 May 2019, 18:09:42
hi
i am also one of those, that collect thematics, that are hard to find... that was my decision, my interest - but knowing, that i will have to circulate a lot to find my "gems"

I have cca 5000 stamps, that are "trading material", so i try to fulfil receiver wishes, but it is hard, and getting harder, because everyone wants recent stamps, small countries, Scandinavia (high catalogue value), no CTO, no definitive, no small stamp, no THIS - no THAT...

so just send 100+ stamps to club rules and it should be fine - but if you help receiver you can make his/hers day! and it feels good...

(but note, that (like everywhere) some shitthrowers exist and no matter how you try, they wont be happy ---- THATS LIFE)
19 May 2019, 14:23:00
We all recognize this 'problem'. When you read the profiles and see some very very strict like "only collect stamps from Greenland with giraffes an Vatican with pinguins from 2018 and later" then I cannot help you. I wil just send 100 nice stamps.
And until now it worked out very fine.
Think most people here are reasonable and not so demanding as you would expect from reading their wishlist/profile.
And the few people who are really so extreme, sorry for them they probably don't have the same fun with this hobby, sad for them!
19 May 2019, 12:05:31
:):):):)
19 May 2019, 12:05:24
http://100stamps.club/stamps/ES-1759
19 May 2019, 09:58:10
You are right. In many cases, with absurd requests, I send the stamps I have and I have no problem. I'm not a shop, just a non-professional stamp collector. I gladly accept all the stamps that respect the rules of the club: 100 or more, not broken, not double. In many cases I get stamps that are missing in my collection and I'm happy.
swapcards.club
Trading Cards Swaps