to a random member
and you receive 100 back!

Discussions
Categories | Subjects | Messages
Too restrictive expectations
13 Jun 2017, 15:00:56
Dear Admin,
Dear Danubius,

You know what makes me the most upset ... It is that lot of members from the clubs (25, 50 and 100 stamps) are too restrictive ...
They only want this or that .. AND if you don't provide what they ask, because you just haven't got that ... well then they are not satisfied and give you a bad quotation, even if the stamps you did select and sent are nice !

I agree if people don't want Cinderella's, CTO's .. prefer even some countries, BUT only want what they put on their profile, well then I think they are not in the right place for that !

Kind regards,
Paul
08 Jul 2017, 06:46:19
Right. Another example is when people say absolutely no U.S. stamps. That's sometimes a problem for people in the U.S. who are sending - especially when they are new.

I try my best to fulfill people's preferences and if they say don't send something, I won't send it. But sometimes it does feel way too restrictive, and I feel if I can't fulfill someone's exact wishes I'll get a bad rating.

I try to keep an open mind - if you send me 100 decent stamps, I'll give you five stars. Ebay and other sites are for specific orders, in my opinion.
02 Jul 2017, 20:04:47
It might also be a question of inexerience. Have noticed that new members often have a rather narrow profile. I started also like that, but gradually I widened my wish-list. Maybe we should give them a hint.
01 Jul 2017, 05:25:54
edvasc, you must have misunderstood me then -it was clear to me from the beginning what the club rules are ;) so i have not changed my mind :) and i have also before commented on this...
30 Jun 2017, 14:23:04
100 different used stamps in good condition. that is all you need for rating 3

Nice Kozou! I'm glad you changed your mind, although it took you 2 years to reach that!
30 Jun 2017, 10:48:29
i wish to comment again on this too, i also feel disappointed because of the very restrictive lists in profiles ...especially when the members themselves may send away their unwanted stamps -no matter what their partners profiles say- and in they return want "only large size commoratives / pacific countries / stamps after year 2000" etc. it is simply bad manners or can be called even cheating :)

why would i send someone 100 commemoratives if i receive back 50% definitives or cto? ^^

we all have to send: 100 different used stamps in good condition. that is all you need for rating 3.
for a higher rating, preferences are to be considered. sounds fair? :)
17 Jun 2017, 18:47:50
just to tell my side:
I have quite unique wishes... I agree...

but if someone gives their best & tries to send their max, i give good grade.

it is unapropriate if someone sends 50+ definitives, common stamps & when you check their profile it says: do not send definitives
double measures...

I think everyone can give their best & please, say so - not just put 100 stamps in the envelope
(+I hate if someone sends without stamp on cover! it is nice to get a letter with a nice cover)
17 Jun 2017, 15:24:46
I agree the wish list should not be used for ratings, only if the rules of the club were followed. Everyone will do their best to fill the wish list but it's not always possible. It's a blind swap! And it's fun to receive a surprise.
Cheers
Emily
unescopostcards.club
UNESCO Postcards