Used stamps exchanges.

You send 100 used stamps
to a random member
and you receive 100 back!

Discussions
Categories | Subjects | Messages
How to rate batch that totally ignores profile?
05 Jan 2021, 19:45:22
My profile starts with "I collect European stamps".
I just received a batch of 100 stamps from one non-European (not even near) country.
The stamps are nice ones, if only I collected them. Now they are just swapping material.

I'm tempted to rate this with a 2 because it strikes me as odd that the sender was not able to produce *one* European stamp, yet they are not bad stamps (than I would have made it a 1).

Has anyone ever been in the same situation? What did you rate?
03 Mar 2021, 00:07:12
These profiles are getting narrower and narrower. I though this was supposed to be a general exchange. I wonder after I send my 2010 2020 stamps will this person send me the same when They get my name? I look a other stamp exchanges, collector asks for newer stamps and offers common, big countries, in return. I do not understand this type of thinking. I just hope for a 2021 stamp on the sending envelpe.
12 Jan 2021, 14:51:33
It's amazing what a little communication can do.
11 Jan 2021, 20:39:37
Thanks all, I gave 5 stars. Some days later the person involved sent me a private message apologizing for mixing up two packages - someone in China is now receiving the stamps intended for me ;-) And he proposed another swap (currently in progress), sending me a new similar batch. All's well that ends well.
09 Jan 2021, 04:30:56
Actually you do have a lot to complain about, CTOs are not used stamps as the rules call for.
08 Jan 2021, 18:38:01
It is a tricky question. If you receive 100 cto´s from communist Eastern Europe, you do not have much to complain about. At least not according to Club rules. Perhaps Club rules should be modified somewhat.
06 Jan 2021, 23:37:24
100 used stamp
Unique stamps, no doubles.
Stamps in good condition.
You can include extras

These are basic rules
06 Jan 2021, 19:01:22
You wrote the book maybe "How to make good friends" ???
06 Jan 2021, 00:48:47
If you received 100 stamps that meet the club rules then a positive rating is a must. Your exchange partner may not have had any European stamps at the moment or maybe what he had was not worth sending. If your profile is too specific then you will never be satisfied in this club, just be happy that you get to add some stamps to your collection regardless where they are from, that's the way I see it.
05 Jan 2021, 22:03:18
That would be five stars as they are good stamps in line with club rules. Look at it from this way: if you receive the address of someone who collects the Baltics, Greenland, Iceland and the Balkans. Are you able to send 100 stamps according to that profile? Would a 2 be fair on you when you are not able to comply with these wishes?
05 Jan 2021, 21:47:38
Club Rules to get a 5 rating
Send 100 used stamps.
Unique stamps, no doubles.
Stamps in good condition.

Your Profile calls for all European stamps, I myself just started to collect World, have 1000's of United States Stamps so if I got you are a exchange you would get United States, most of my exchanges range from 4 to 5 stars would expect same. Yes I have some European stamps when I was 10, Those stamps should be in the trash, mostly definitive.

Also take a look at the person rating that sent you those stamps, you rating should be in line to what that person been getting. Also never rate a 2 unless there are more then 10% damage stamps. I myself consider a missing single perf on a stamp or two as not damage, but if there are many that's a different story.

You say ""they are not bad stamps"" that's a 4 star in my opinion,
swapstickers.club
Stickers Swaps