You send 100 used stamps
to a random member
and you receive 100 back!

Discussions
Categories | Subjects | Messages
Recent small Japanese stamps seem to be a problem
07 Oct 2020, 16:01:48
Hi all,
Due to the Coronavirus, getting your hands on good stamps to send around is getting increasingly difficult. At least here in Germany. Many of you who send me stamps, send older and rather common ones. When I pass them on, I automatically get a lower rating. Even if that person has send me a similar lot. I have therefore resorted to buying stamps on paper from dealers again. My latest 'find' was half a kilo of very recent Japanese stamps. Currently, Japan issues a lot of these beautiful series of small stamps. However, some on this site seem to think that they are not good enough and should not be send. Since when are these brand-new stamps not good enough? What am I to do? I am not allowed to send stamps from my native country as most of you don't want German stamps. And buying really good recent stamps on paper are costing me an arm and a leg. And are still not to the taste of quite a few here. I am open to your suggestions!
Jessica
12 Aug 2021, 21:21:20
Sorry :) I meant a not a better rating.
12 Aug 2021, 20:39:59
Hi together!
@ Jeannette:
Quote "But more and more I'm thinking why should I give someone a 5 star rating when he or she is sending me stuff they themselves exclude in their profile?", unquote.
It's in the nature of things. We want to give things away, we don't need ourselves. I also send definitives as an extra, but I also include them in my selections. Definitives are part of a complete collection! My experience is, that some (or many) members have no idea, what a definitve is. Many think: small and with a head on it is no commemorative :)
@ Laurent: You are right: Sending obvious damaged stamps is a shame, and I do not accept it and give a better rating, when I receive too many!
12 Aug 2021, 20:06:26
@ jeannette you misread my profile

This listing is a wish list not an obligation, but I do not accept any damaged stamps and CTO !!!

I have been collecting all like you for a long time

all like you it happens to me not to find any stamps in a lot I put 5 all the same, on the other hand stop at the damaged stamp good for the trash, not even able to put a beautiful stamp on the envelope, the I do not put step 5

I send the person the same style of stamp I get, and just to be honest I try to take pictures (apart from 2 or 3 omissions) very few people do it elsewhere

for example fairytale78 always sends me beautiful stamps not necessarily those of my profiles but some she makes a real effort, I do the same with her

it's my way of doing things I wouldn't change it, no one has obliged to accept an exchange there is the cancel button for that, I prefer to receive nothing rather than to receive damaged stamps

if we have to put 5 to everyone let's remove the notes

12 Aug 2021, 15:49:06
Hello Laurent, ofcourse you are right that damaged stamps don't belong in an exchange. Sometimes a damaged stamp is overseen ( I simply don't have a good sight anymore..) but for myself I always make up for that by sending at least 10% more.

But what really puzzles me: I find your profile very demanding. No this or that, only small and "difficult"countries that I don't have lots of stamps of. Also no cto's nor definitives. But as I see your sent lots, I always see at least 10 definitives in there. This is not criticism, just state of facts. I am also not very fond of very common definitives, but ofcourse get them often, but I can't send them further on as no one wants them. The only definitives I send is as extra or with a nice topic in the receivers profile. I have several icecream buckets filled to the rim with unwanted stuff: cto's, mint stamps and very common defs. And yet most of the time I give 5 or 4. I don't think I ever gave a neg.
But more and more I'm thinking why should I give someone a 5 star rating when he or she is sending me stuff they themselves exclude in their profile?
It's getting harder and harder to send a nice lot, because the quality of what I get is getting worse. I have to buy bulk lots to be able to keep sending covers, and then to be told the recipient doesn't want Dutch stamps...I'm putting a lot of effort and money in sending my lots and it would be so nice as everyone did this. Mind you: I'm getting loads of good covers, but there are some people that only take and send back junk and they are rising in number.

10 Aug 2021, 09:05:39
Hello,

rather than talking about philatelic requirements, for once let's change

willful neglect or not how to explain the increasing quantity of damaged or definitive stamps in the shipments

how to find normal not to receive any stamp from the country of the sending person

So for me one thing is sure ..... certain will never put a useless or damaged tampon in the trash he will send it to you

is it normal to have several identical profiles

damaged stamps received, I do as certain I return them in the exchanges
https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/32/clon.jpg
well no I keep them in a box to give them

have a good day

09 Aug 2021, 16:42:52
To Feijoa_girl, my dear friend Emily,
Hi Emily, you know me already a while, and not only from here,
fact is that I'm getting (and a lot of other members too) more and more frustrated and sad from the behaviour of some others ...
Once it was better !
Your friend, Paul
21 Jul 2021, 22:14:32
As most people here I don't like the no no no no no profiles with ridiculous demands like "I only collect triangular stamps from the Vatican with pinguins from 2019 until now".

But I must admit that some owners of those profiles have high standards but they also deliver stamps with the same high standards and they are very kind in conversations.
And for the others I just use the 'cancel exchange button' makes it a lot easier.
21 Jul 2021, 18:41:04
hi
sad hing is, that here in discussions are only involved people, who get it... Those, we all have problems with (i call them no this/no that folks) are not here - at least they dont write anything
i decided some time ago, to just go with club rules and i just make extra efford for those, that are here active and longtime members and I DONT CARE about ratings anymore...
19 Jul 2021, 01:39:09
I collect Germany 1949 - 2019, DDR and Berlin. But i have problem with others collectors. Send me old post stamps who i have and how do i get the postage stamps i need? Web club is send post stampš from all world and what i working with others post stamps? Please help me. Thanks
18 Jul 2021, 10:41:22
Hi Jessica,
I'm sad to read this, you are a great long term member of this club. You went to a lot of trouble and expense to get stamps that you hoped would be appreciated, which is really nice and above and beyond what this club is about.
I wish people would remember the basic rules of the club and be kinder!
I personally love Japanese stamps. I don't always receive stamps to my taste but I would never rate badly because of that!
My only suggestion would be that maybe everyone needs more reminders of the rules, a pop up message before you register stamps, and a pop up message before you ask for an address?
Best wishes, Emily
12 Jul 2021, 15:00:24
I like them too - if you get my name put as many in as you want as they are commemoratives
10 Jul 2021, 20:31:16
Yes, I like these small japanese stamps!
Many of them are no definitives, but commemoratives!
The size of a stamp should be unimportant for a serious collector!
Actually, I have a problem to deal with profiles, which demand "only large stamps".
09 Jul 2021, 06:43:19
Try to made private swaps, and avoid to do here because some members have problems...
swapstickers.club
Stickers Swaps