You send 100 used stamps
to a random member
and you receive 100 back!

Discussions
Categories | Subjects | Messages
Why rating "neutral" might be a good thing to do
07 Oct 2021, 09:35:48
Hi all!
After the discussion on the issue of multi-accounts, I got 4 stars from one of these account holders. In the lengthy private message exchange, it was made clear that I got my 4 stars (of which I did not complain, I just wanted to see a picture of all the stamps I had send) partly because of expressing my opinion in the discussion on the issue of the multi-accounts. Thanks to some helpful messages from other long-standing members on this website, I now know which accounts belong to this person and will cancel the exchange when I am allocated one of these accounts.
Earlier this year, I had an unpleasant dealing with a new member on this website. He insists that he'll be given 5 stars for a lot full of damaged stamps. I gave him 3 stars. He says that he got this neutral rating because he sent stamps that I cannot use in my collection. If that were true, I would not be able to rate 5 stars very often. After a lot of rude (using capitalization means that you are yelling!) private messages in which I was accused of lying and whatnot, I thought I had shaken him off. Unfortunately not. Today the private messages started again and he also commented on the above issue with glee. This person fully deserved his neutral rating. Rating neutral will normally mean that the member is not selected for future trades and that you are thus left in peace. Rating neutral is our only option to prevent having to deal with unpleasant members over and over again. After hundreds of exchanges, I have a pretty good guess of when to rate 4 stars and when to use the 3 stars neutral option to get spared from future exchanges.
Have a great day, Jessica
16 Oct 2021, 21:44:58
@Danubius :) Easier for you my friend: allow members to delete more than 1 reference x 30 days and the problem is being solved by itself. I mean... Olga has "the right" to have different acounts if she likes. Anyway, mail can be slow to her town. What happens if somebody doesnt like the situation?? Then, allow this person to delete more than one reference per month and the problem is solved automatically.

What happens if this X member deletes too many contacts ?? Well.. . will have to wait for free slots. So the other side of the"problem", if any, also resolves automatically.

To Laurent and my friends Tony :) & Gerben :) >>> Hey !! you are not support members. Danubius is not eating air, we all should contribute to this wonderful site we use a lot and gives us many happinness
16 Oct 2021, 19:32:09
we agree on two profls like francescpf and his son that's understandable. but 3 see more as certain, where is the limit
16 Oct 2021, 11:45:55
I agree with @Danubius. As long as people behave, multiple accounts are not perse a problem. However, as @GPKnl says, rating lower in revenge from another account that belongs to the same person, is a no go. That's how this whole Tambov hotspot of accounts surfaced in the first place. I did not dare rate my latest Tambov lot anything else than a 5 (it was really a 4). That's why I am going to cancel each address from Tambov in the future.
16 Oct 2021, 09:09:06
Some of them are known and are very open about it, some try to hide it and are only revealed as a result of some (bad) behaviour. For example revenge ratings through another account

At least make it a rule that they have to be open about it on their profile. Then you can know with who you are dealing with and make your choice to cancel.
16 Oct 2021, 08:49:31
Multiple accounts has been discussed in the past. I don't know how to approach this.
I don't encourage multiple accounts per person. But making this a rule, will be difficult to implement because of the situations explained above where you have several members from the same family.
There are several obvious cases of multiple accounts per person because this is not a rule and they don't try to hide it. If they will try to hide it by using different names from the same family, I won't be able to say if it's true or not.
At least now you know who they are and if you have suspicions about their intentions you can cancel the exchange and this will also prevent future exchanges with that account.
From what I can see, the members mentioned above receives good ratings. And this is more important then the multiple accounts issue.
I will contact some of these members to better understand their reasons and to tell them about the questions that other members have about their accounts.
12 Oct 2021, 18:36:54
When you encounter a person like Ben, these 100 stamps are the least of your worries :).
12 Oct 2021, 17:12:07
The question is, how do you cancel an exchange already sent?
Do you forfeit those 100 stamps?
12 Oct 2021, 13:41:56
Well done, Danubius!!!
12 Oct 2021, 13:38:31
Danubius, you are a star!
12 Oct 2021, 11:14:59
Thanks Danibius for a quick reaction , hope we dont have new Bens.
12 Oct 2021, 10:53:03
I have removed the messages from conversations. Current conversations remain open until you close them.
I have implemented an option (and added Ben) to suspend specific accounts from:
- Adding messages in the public discussions and on exchanges.
- Initiating private conversations. (Replies can still be added to conversations started by others or on conversations that are added automatically when an exchange is registered.)

Next, in the following days I'll work on:
Option to block a member from doing exchanges with you.
Option to block a member from sending PM to you.
12 Oct 2021, 08:28:43
Thank you Danubius for taking action.
12 Oct 2021, 07:26:39
hello Danubius do you find it normal to have several accounts
12 Oct 2021, 07:22:05
This is what I replied to Ben when he asked to cancel his first two exchanges:

"You can send the stamps you have. The members profiles should contain preferences not demands.
For exceptions you can cancel a limited number of exchanges by going to the page "Stamps exchanges" and clicking on the ID of the exchange. The two partners of yours are very active and reasonable members. If you send quality stamps that you have, I don't think that you will be receiving a low rating. "

By "quality stamps", I meant undamaged.
12 Oct 2021, 07:16:06
Hi, I'm sorry about this situation.
I will be deleting all messages he posted.
I'm thinking about this solutions to implement:
An option to suspend access to messages for members that are spamming.
Option to block a member from doing exchanges with you.
Option to block a member from sending PM to you.
11 Oct 2021, 11:15:43
hello again :)
sometimes, we have a "problem", because we are two members in same house:
many times, we have same person to send, so we have to send somebody 100 + 100
We do efforts in not repeating them, and actually, we send 200 stamps together with two references number. Inside, always 2 envelopes precirculated with stamp and date of issue to compensate, so you always receive two envelopes used previously in philatelic stamps exchange.
09 Oct 2021, 17:47:35
Id

For

Date

Duration

Stars

RU-2338

fairytale78

Germany

15 Sep 2021
09 Oct 2021

23 days

09 Oct 2021, 14:44:51
Mamuka is another Tambov account.
08 Oct 2021, 17:09:06
so this person has 5 profiles, it's really absurd
07 Oct 2021, 19:52:24
Thank you, @Natalia-Golubko!
07 Oct 2021, 19:38:25
Thank you, Francesco! Hadn't thought of that. You and your son are clearly living at the same address :).
07 Oct 2021, 19:31:38
@laurent : you are not 100% right
What to do with me and my son ?? We are 2 persons 2 accounts 1 address.
he likes some stamps, I like others, and many times, both have to send 100 and 100 to same person, this is why we finally add gifts to everybody :):)
I would not Laurent go too far. Im more worried with bullying members. This is dangerous.

the rest... nothing to do my friend, life is like this, you always find nice people and not so nice people, sometime you have good feelings with some people and others dont

and... we also should understand Olga, communications with russia, are not easy, and she sends what she has, I have no complaint from this member and never had discussions, always good deals finally, everybody needs a chance, lets not get angry

but lets be careful with other situations, Jessica knows what Im writting about
07 Oct 2021, 19:31:20
Dear Jessica! Those who know you in this club as a responsible and friendly member will never listen to gossip. Please, ignore the detractors! Good luck and have fun! :)
07 Oct 2021, 19:13:29
Thank you, Laurent! And I completely agree: one account per postal address. And when (brand new) members misbehave it would be good when the webmaster sends them a friendly reminder to change their ways.
07 Oct 2021, 18:49:13
as long as multi accounts are tolerated, this will only decrease the quality of this club, there are people here with 2 .3.4 or more accounts, the weeb-master must intervene and give only access by IP

some here have so many accounts that he allows himself not to send and wait the 90 days

dubrava
Russia
11 Nov 2020
(329 days)
07 Oct 2021

Olga
Russia
29 Oct 2020
(342 days)
07 Oct 2021
(0 days)

olgasergeevna
Russia
12 Oct 2020
(359 days)
07 Oct 2021
(0 days)

Jessica always sends quality stamps, thank you to her
07 Oct 2021, 16:27:04
Thank you, Ronald!
07 Oct 2021, 13:13:20
Sending Pm's to people with gossip is really not done and if you are rated neutral you can always ask what to do to get it upgraded, maybe send a little gift in stead of complaining. Whatever happens Jessica, we know better and love to send and receive with you as our tradingpartner.
07 Oct 2021, 13:08:16
Thank you @francescpf! I have now received private messages from several members who received a similar message from new member Ben. What a great way to introduce yourself to the club, LOL.
07 Oct 2021, 11:22:43
@jessica we support you, I write you privately
07 Oct 2021, 10:07:28
Me neither, Koen. And sending out private messages to random members to warn for me, is really sad and spammy.
07 Oct 2021, 09:50:37
Cannot understand the need for being rude in this club.
Isn't this supposed to be fun & friendly?
We're talking stamps exchange for a hobby, not selling art works.
I didn't know about the 3 stars does not give you that address anymore. New options...
I agree Jessica, the rating should follow the rules, not the fact if you receive only new stamps, which in my opinion is almost impossible.
07 Oct 2021, 09:45:46
Okay, this gets way out of hand. I just received the following forwarded message from a random member contacted by the member I describe above:
Private conversations
Subjects
Fairytale is a problemBENSTAMP195407 October 2021, 08:16:58I told her that I did not have what she wanted on her list. I told management the same thing they said send anyway since she is a premium member. I even showed her a pict. She gave me a 3 and didnt send me anything in return. She was my first trade, now I know. Everything she says in her profile and to others shows what a snob she is. Tell others not to send to her!

This is not okay.
swapcards.club
Trading Cards Swaps