Used stamps exchanges.

You send 100 used stamps
to a random member
and you receive 100 back!

Discussions
Categories | Subjects | Messages
mandatory upload of photos
07 Feb 2020, 20:04:35
I would suggest a mandatory upload of photos when sending a letter. Most of the time we only read a "4" or a "5" or even a worse rating, but without a photo.
Nowadays everyone has a mobile phone and/or a scanner, so it should be no technical problem.
I think this would make our club more transparent and Maybe a bit fairer.
What is your opinion?
03 Mar 2020, 06:00:23
I do not bother with photos. Why would the be required.

Rules are simple, 100 used, undamaged stamps. I try best to make selections based on areas of interest. Most time I cannot do that. I simply add a note of explanation.

Photos to justify a negative rating should remain as is.

David

27 Feb 2020, 22:10:24
Bit addition to my comment - people have to understand that this is a blind exchange site and not site for exchange by wish list, so everybody need to be reasonable - in this case nobody will be needed scans
27 Feb 2020, 22:07:32
Hello wuff67
Agree with you - picking the wished stamps for the exchange partner take time and why added more time to do scan?!
27 Feb 2020, 19:27:48
Hi together!
@ stamp79: I have the same system when picking from my spares :)
@ 100clubmember: Let's keep it simple. You are right.
@ Niceday: In my experience, picking the wished stamps for my exchange partner does take a lot of more time than uploading a picture.
Anyway, it was just a suggestion! Thanks a lot for your contributions.
27 Feb 2020, 11:15:00
Rather, I would find it helpful - if awarding 2 or 1 stars to the recipient does not properly justify breaking the rules, change the rating automatically to 3 stars.
27 Feb 2020, 10:57:07
To upload every mailing it does take a lot of time, not everyone have this free time. Even if you upload your sending, it wan't change anything, if the person who received your stamps didn't get what he/she asked in his/her profile you'll get low rating
27 Feb 2020, 01:35:17
I don't see the need to upload every mailing, if you give a 5* rating that means you are satisfied, it would be a redundancy to post a picture. The way it is now uploading negative rating mailings makes
sense, let's keep it simple. Just abide by the rules and everything will be fine.
26 Feb 2020, 18:38:44
Mandatory uploading of stamps before sending is a non starter for me. I usually pick from my spares to satisfy trading partner as far as I can and then just pick from whatever is handy for the rest. If I have to then put these stamps in a sheet for scanning and uploading, then that is just not going to happen. I will be gone faster than you can say "upload before sending". I only send stamps that are within the club rules so I see no reason to upload what I am sending. If the receiver wants to upload a picture for any reason then we can argue the reason but it better be a good one as all stamps he/she receives will be well within the rules and I always send a few extra just in case I do miss a faulty stamp. Better think this suggestion over or put it to a vote of all members.
26 Feb 2020, 17:05:55
Mandatory uploading a photo for negative Rating is a good idea.
But my final proposal would be:
1st step: getting an ID
2nd step: uploading a picture (sender) -> letter in progress
Without uploading a picture, a letter will not get status "in progress".
3rd step: letter will be registered and receiver can upload a photo, too. (optional)

Danubius, I am no IT-professional. I don't know how much effort this would be.
But the result would be: We will see each exchange with a photo!!!
17 Feb 2020, 22:13:04
I could add on the profile page the percentage of the uploaded images for the sent/received exchanges. Maybe this would encourage members to upload photos.
17 Feb 2020, 22:09:09
To do this, a member would have to upload the photo before getting an id.
Now it is mandatory to upload a photo for the negative ratings of 1 or 2 stars.
17 Feb 2020, 19:18:55
Complete consent if there are no 5 stars and write the reason.
12 Feb 2020, 00:49:38
You are right ;)
swapcards.club
Trading Cards Swaps