Used stamps exchanges.

You send 100 used stamps
to a random member
and you receive 100 back!

Discussions
Categories | Subjects | Messages
No available partners
16 Jan 2019, 20:43:38
I have been trying to get a name now for about a month and get the same message "no available partners----" I have 2 in progress and I have room for 6 names. Is it normal to have this wide a gap with no name available.
27 Jan 2019, 21:31:41
I agree. I have checked my "lost letters" and in my opinion, more than half of them are not sent or not registered because the member stopped being active at the time of sending or registering the letter. So the mail-system is probably less to blame than we tend to think.
23 Jan 2019, 13:32:24
Hi Erling,
the numbers of active members and exchanges in progress are on the homepage. It is not necassary to count anything. We (active members) can do just one thing - send our lots as soon as possible after we get the address and opposite, register the lots as soon as we receive them. Resending of lots obviously lost by the post should also help, but not to inactive members that will never register them. Everything else is up to admin :)
23 Jan 2019, 12:42:19
Interesting message. Did you actually count the number of active members and the number of exchanges in progress? My head might be a little slow today, but what do you mean by saying that the only effective solution is to clean up the "never sent" exchanges? Is there anything we as active members can do?
23 Jan 2019, 10:52:18
Hi friends, the situation is quite simple. If there is something about 17 exchanges per day, it is possible to send just 17 lots per day, because 17 new slots are open. So if there is more senders, they have to wait. The higher amount of new members does not help, because they have to send lot before they will be able to receive one. I think that the problem is the total amount of exchenges in progress that is 570 with 203 active members. It means that all of us have 2,8 exchanges in average (quite a lot, I have actually 0) and I think that lot of them are never sent, so the new slots cannot be open with them. The only effective solution in my point of view is clean up the "never sent" exchanges or open some "extra slots" for active members.
22 Jan 2019, 22:04:05
Well, I tried today and received one name for exchange. I wanted to send more, but no more were available.
22 Jan 2019, 08:51:05
Lucky you. I still can't get a single name. But at least we know the site is working.
20 Jan 2019, 20:39:30
i managed to get a name for exchange...
yupi!
20 Jan 2019, 18:36:44
Pretty much the same for me, I've traded once maybe twice with most members but there are some I've never traded with, what seems to be the problem when there are so many members that we can trade with?
20 Jan 2019, 16:53:28
Same problem as other posts, “no available partners”, ???, I see many that I have not exchanged with. My preference is marked all countries?
20 Jan 2019, 16:51:26
Same problem as other posts, “no available partners”, ???, I see many that I have not exchanged with. My preference is marked all countries?
20 Jan 2019, 16:14:30
Same here which i weird as some of you i haven't traded with yet...
19 Jan 2019, 20:50:04
Just tried again to get new name. Still none available. I am now down to 0 and I am allowed 8 so I think something must be wrong in the system somewhere. I guess we just have to keep trying till we get new names.
19 Jan 2019, 01:28:54
I was excited to get back into exchanging after a long break and also haven't been able to get a partner for two weeks. Is the site definitely working?
19 Jan 2019, 00:59:31
I'm in the same boat, "no available partners"
""Krepki said not enough members"", I believe that might be true... We could register as another person, to add more members, will that help in the end, maybe or maybe not.
We have a lot of smart people here that collect stamps, to solve this problem might be a easy one.
Is it better to reduce the max. amount of letters we can send?

18 Jan 2019, 22:16:43
Wolfgang, not all CTO's had gum because they were not intended for postage initially, but only for the philatelists. For example, the new prints of DDR 1957 (nachdrucke Michel № 362-379).
18 Jan 2019, 16:57:28
@ Krepki
Actually you are Right. CTOs do have gum on the back, but I know lots of collectors, who wash the gum away, so that the stamp seems to look like real cancelled. But in 99% you will not find a full postmark but nearly always only parts of a postmark in a corner.

@boxwood
Puuh, very special wishes, hard to send :)
17 Jan 2019, 22:33:01
@ boxwood, just wondering why you are asking for such a narrow range of stamps? this is not the place for that. I am supposed to give you all my best duplicates, and leave poorer stuff for everyone else?
17 Jan 2019, 18:06:37
im in the same situation...
solution is, to have more members ;)

@boxwood - interesting - we havent exchange yet, but we dont get eachothers addresses
(+ i read your profile... i was wondering - you say: "CTO stamps ,they do not have gum on the back"
CTOs DO have gum on the back!)
17 Jan 2019, 00:04:23
I have been experiencing the same problem for about 10 days now.
Can our webmaster do something to correct this please. Very frustrating to have this.
Thanks,
Boxwood
swapstickers.club
Stickers Swaps