Used stamps exchanges.

You send 100 used stamps
to a random member
and you receive 100 back!

Discussions
Categories | Subjects | Messages
Seeing the expired incoming letters
14 May 2018, 22:53:21
From time to time members ask about their expired incoming letters. Some letters don't reach their destination and contacting the sender could help members understand why.
I intend to add a page where you could see the list of letters that have not reached you in time (traveling for more then 90 days).
22 Jul 2018, 14:21:24
Good dye!! My friends!!
Many thanks Peter and 100clubmember!
thanks to them, I am not able to send postage stamps
25 May 2018, 12:18:12
woaw I didn't think I had lost incoming letters... and I discover I have 2 , well I try to contact the one who is in green :)
25 May 2018, 08:15:43
Members with 2 low exchanges (1 or 2 stars) in trier last 10 exchanges are automatically suspended from sending new letters. You can complete the existing ones and you can register incoming letters but you can't request new addresses.

The limitation last as long as you have 2 low ratings. Those ratings can be changed by the the person who gave them from the page "Stamps exchanges". They can click on the ID of the exchange and there they have the option to upgrade the rating.

You can try to contact your partner and discuss a solution. Most probably this involves a resend of stamps. For example if a partner says that there were 10 damaged stamps, you could agree to resend 10 stamps in order to update the rating.

If you received an unfair rating from one member and you feel that you can not communicate with that member, you could try to convince the other partner. You need to convince at least one of them to upgrade your rating and lift the limitation.
25 May 2018, 08:04:00
Those in green indicate members that are active (last 2 weeks). You could try to contact your partner and find a solution for that expired exchange.
24 May 2018, 23:17:50
how long will the limit on the exchange last? why the inadequate and turned to the club members I can't do the exchange?I would not like to leave this club
24 May 2018, 23:06:19
how long will the limit on the exchange last? why the inadequate and turned to the club members I can't do the exchange?I would not like to leave this club
24 May 2018, 22:03:22
Waw, there are so many letters that i never received, that is sad! could you explain why some are in green and some are in white?
24 May 2018, 20:37:01
Danubius, thank you very much for so useful and good-loking service with important data (the expired exchanges page)!
Very good work!
24 May 2018, 20:14:08
We can talk more about a skip option and sending to repeated members. There have been discussions about those subjects in the past and people didn't really liked the ideas.
Perhaps we can talk more in separate discussions so that we can keep it clear.
24 May 2018, 20:11:19
I've added the expired exchanges page. You can find it in "Stamps exchanges". I hope that this information will help.
24 May 2018, 12:09:19
Im not sure if picture is helping. When a member wants to rate 1-2, they will do it anyway
See this. YOu really think this is 2 star ?? this is "junk and crap" ??
http://100stamps.club/stamps/ES-906
24 May 2018, 12:01:47
hello Natalia :)
hello Danubius :)

We cannot help some people to rate 1-2 star. They will always do it. Maybe they need to do that, they like or they simply, do not appreciate the efforts of other partners.

Maybe a premium service Danubius including a limited "skip option" would help. For example, I would like to pay a premium service to avoid sending to some members. YOu know DAnubius Im sincere :) Or even... allow some members to repeat exchanges. I would like to repeat exchanges with Natalia and other members for example.

Even more... Without a premium service, only 2 times 1-2 star rating would be allowed, so the ones who enjoy rating 1-2 star, at least, let them pay. I dont mean that we should be always rating 5 star, but this is a friendly club, not a competition champions league with minimum records to beat. Isnt it ??

Im sure a type of skip option, with some limitations, would be ok. Why ??? Because those members rating 1-2 star all the time, would think twice as nobody will choose them as partners to exchange. This is why I keep insisting in having a double average rate: exchanges recevied and exchanges sent. So, if I find a partner to send my stamps, with a 3,45 average on envelopes received... maybe I would skip this member. Looking for example at Peter profile, you have to think what to send. My stamps were described as "junk and crap". Not really nice, not polite at all, but you can never expect exquisite education from everybody unfortunately. His demands are very tough and look like an auction request.

So... premium services please with both averages and a possible "skip option". Maybe as a joker card... Maximum of 2 skips per month for example ???
24 May 2018, 07:17:26
Danubius, thank you!
Of course, this request will not eliminate all the deviations but I hope that they will be much less.
24 May 2018, 00:19:23
I added the requirement of adding a photo and a comment when giving a low rating.
I'm not convinced that this will help but I will try it.
23 May 2018, 22:56:18
This club will only work with respect for the fellow collector. There will be exceptions. This being an open club with a random partners allocation system, we can only try to limit those exceptions.

There have been 66 low ratings (1 and 2 stars) out of 7064 exchanges in the last 12 months, representing 0.93%
23 May 2018, 22:47:18
I'm not convinced that forcing people to add photos and comments when they give low feedbacks would help. We are talking about intentional unfair ratings. If someone puts its mind to give a low rating, will not be stopped by forcing them to add a photo and a comment.

They could easily say "damaged stamps" and add a photo with the back of only some damaged stamps. Who can prove that those stamps are from the current exchange or from somewhere else? In the end its one member's word against another.

This is also the reason why I can't approve or dismiss low ratings. I can't prove who is right. I could only guess. This is why it takes two different members to block another.

23 May 2018, 22:20:32
I don't know how to interpret this, but 3 of the members mentioned here are among the top 4 members with low feedbacks given to others in the last 12 months. Some of those to each other. So, I don't know who is taking revenge on who.
20 May 2018, 22:18:59
Maybe we should do away with the profiles, so that people cant ask for or demand certain stamps.
20 May 2018, 21:29:24
I liked stamps he sent to me
20 May 2018, 21:27:54
I support Igor ;)
20 May 2018, 21:21:17
Postman,you also put me a negative rating in any way without justifying it and not uploading a photo of my postage stamps! if I write in my profile that I want to receive postage stamps of the Netherlands (or any other countries) 2016-2018, you will be able to pick up 100 different ???
20 May 2018, 15:59:19
Francescpf, you are right, Igor will find this against him. A lot of negative raitings,( look at his profile ).
19 May 2018, 23:49:09
Hello :)
Somebody rating 1 or 2... will find this against in near future
Maybe... we should only be able to rate 5 stars. So only rating when we are happy.
19 May 2018, 21:11:50
Private conversations
Subjects
RU-599
100clubmember07 May 2018, 18:50:26Did you read my profile?

igor07 May 2018, 18:54:20I do not have such postage stamps. that I sent you. if you did not like it, send it back! the rules of the club say that you need to send one hundred different brands, I sent you. rather than one hundred stamps according to your profile

igor07 May 2018, 18:57:57http://100stamps.club/discussions/messages/141

100clubmember07 May 2018, 19:05:37What goes around comes around.
19 May 2018, 20:05:23
Kris, I think that your proposal will be not very convenient for all, because Danubius (admin) is not monitoring the club daily. Sometimes he is absent for week and more, so the members cann't wait
so much time for their marks.
19 May 2018, 17:15:44
Natalia, I thought about that in the pass.

To give a negative rating, the stamp receiver needs to submit a request to the admin with a picture of the stamps. Only then, the admin could approve or disapprove the negative rating.

By doing this, I think there would be a lot less negative or revenge ratings.

Just my thoughts,
Kris
19 May 2018, 12:59:59
Danubius, I have a proposal.
Does it possible (by programming) to permit a negative feedback only with the picture of the swap received? If it is possible
then
1. The number of questions will be substantially reduced.
2. Someone who wants to give a negative rating will be obliged to think about the justifying arguments.
17 May 2018, 21:22:05
>>> But, skipping is not an option. Members receive tickets based on their sent and confirmed letters. When you send a letter, that ticked is used and deleted. If you don't send the letter, your partner is not receiving another one from someone else. A skipped member will lose stamps.

Now Igor can't receive and send letters because the negative rating of Peter was the second one in the last 10 swaps.
17 May 2018, 20:38:28
I believe that this situations are exceptions. One exception will not affect you much. Having one low rating in the last 10 exchanges does not limit you. One low rating is not taken into consideration because of that situation when you receive one unfair low rating.

Only when you get two low ratings in your last 10 exchanges, sending new letters is suspended.
Its possible to receive one unfair low rating, but receiving two is less probably.
17 May 2018, 20:34:29
It could work without the ID as well but I don't see why. Hiding the ID is like saying "I don't want to send you the stamps" and this is not an option in this club. Skipping, could also be interpreted as revenge. Also, knowing the country, could be enough to register a letter. You try different ids.

There is no point in registering a letter you have not received, because your partner will now be able to receive another letter from someone else.
17 May 2018, 20:14:11
Some members are using words like "only", "no ...", "no ...", "no ..." in treir profile. This looks intimidating to some members and I suspect that they skip mailing the letter fearing a low rating.
This probably explains why some of those members have many expired incoming letters.

The profile is for preferences, not demands. I understand why members tend to skip when facing demands instead of preferences. Demands are for direct swaps not for this club. Doing otherwise could result in people trying to avoid you.

But, skipping is not an option either. Members receive tickets based on their sent and confirmed letters. When you send a letter, that ticked is used and deleted. If you don't send the letter, your partner is not receiving another one from someone else. A skipped member will lose stamps. You have to send to all addresses you request.
17 May 2018, 19:10:32
Francesc, here Danubius said that he is planning to make a page with the list of "lost" letters (more than 90 days travelling). I suggested not to report on this page the ID-number of such letters to avoid of the revenge rating.
In other topics it has already been written that some members prefer not to send letters to such too demanding persons when they are getting caught for exchange. It takes 90 days, and you can again take a new address.
But if such a picky member knows the ID-number of the letter that you did not send to him, he will be able to simply register this number in retaliation and give a negative rating.
Because of this I ask Danubius do not specify in this page the ID-number, but only information about the sender, the country and the date.
17 May 2018, 17:15:44
Igor did not deserve 1 star. I feel pretty sure. This is why, automatically, I have rated him 5 star.
He had already my 5 star rating anyway.
17 May 2018, 16:51:35
Hello Natalia :)
Hello Wolf :)

"revenge ratings" come back to the ones who rate like this so low for nothing

I mean... when you release bad energy to the world, the world is sending back the back energy, Im sure :)

16 May 2018, 22:17:57
Yes,i living over 550km from Mockov
16 May 2018, 19:31:30
Wolfgang, I guess that Igor is living almost near Moscow - over 400-500 km :)
16 May 2018, 19:22:42
@ Natalia.
Russia is such a large country.
Maybe it depends on the area from where are you sending a letter.
Jakutsk is not Moscow. :)
16 May 2018, 19:09:36
Wolfgang, you are right about the revenge rating, it is foully thing.
As for russian post working at the same time - you can see in my profile that no one my letter travelled more than one month.
16 May 2018, 18:18:34
Good idea, Danubius!
About RU-512...Russian Post is not the fastest! In Peter's profile you can see that he has registered his received letters prompt, so far.
What I think is that it was a revenge rating. -> BE-434 from Peter to Igor was rated with two stars...
Revenge Ratings should not have any place in our club!!!!!
16 May 2018, 14:06:05
Danubius, may I give some wish for this page?
I think that the information about the lost letters must not contain the ID numbers directly.
I suspect that such information can provide the opportunity for personal revenge in the club.
For example: http://100stamps.club/stamps/RU-512
Peter suddenly had registered the letter from Igor after 142 days and gave him 1 star without any photos and explanations. Several members asked him to show the stamps and the envelope, but he had ignored them. What we can think about this?
I think that if someone doesn't know the ID number of the letter, any manipulations will be impossible.
15 May 2018, 15:46:22
Good job.
14 May 2018, 23:45:24
I think that would be a great asset to the site. Thanks Danubius!
14 May 2018, 23:19:21
Danubius, thanks!
I think it will be very useful page for all the members.
swapcards.club
Trading Cards Swaps