You send 100 used stamps
to a random member
and you receive 100 back!

Discussions
Categories | Subjects | Messages
New User Guides
14 Feb 2018, 01:09:46
Hi All!

I've just discovered this site and have registered and am busily preparing envelops for my swaps. I couldn't find any "new user guides" (apologies if I've missed it). Just a few questions if someone on here can help:

- Once I send my stamps, do I need to update the swap on this site, or is it done at the other end once the swap is received?
- Is it customary to send a note in the pack?
- I've read over some of the other discussions. A lot of people have very narrow requests of what they collect. If I only have a handful of those stamps (or maybe none at all) and send some other lovely stamps (not to their request), is that acceptable?

Thanks
Lisa
16 Feb 2018, 20:19:18
Hi Lisa, a warm welcome to you! A surprise "lucky dip" in the mail is very fun, also making nice surprises for others to receive. It's nice to include a note. I always say in the note if I had trouble fulfilling someone's wishlist, so they know I tried my best :) Have fun and enjoy!
Cheers Emily
16 Feb 2018, 18:01:14
hi lisa and wellcome :) i would not contact members beforehand -that is not the point of this club to be able to complete anyone´s collection and specific wishes ...surprise is a major and lovely element :) as long as the stamps are 100 different, used and in good condition -you are doing just fine :D of course to be considered is to send "nice" stamps -what you would also enjoy receiving yourself -probably not only definitives or cto :D
14 Feb 2018, 05:03:59
You can always contact the person you are to send stamps to and check if she/he is OK with the stamps you are getting ready to send.
14 Feb 2018, 03:55:53
when your letter arrives the receiver will register it and rate you. Don't forget to write the number you got with the address on the envelope, I always write the number on a note in it to.
You can only send stamps that you have, so do not worry so much, I am sure you will do good.
Happy colecting
unescopostcards.club
UNESCO Postcards