Used stamps exchanges.

You send 100 used stamps
to a random member
and you receive 100 back!

Discussions
Categories | Subjects | Messages
Average Rates to qualify all of us when we receive envelopes ??
02 Feb 2018, 10:44:59
hello Danubius :)

I dont know if this weekend you are too bored, but just in case, I would like to suggest you one idea.

Now we have the average rates of envelopes we send, so thanks to this ratio, we know if we are good "senders" or not. For example, the ones over 4,80 means they are very very good. The ones under 3,90 are not so good.

But I have thinking, it could be also good to know the average rate of stars we give to partners when we do receive their envelopes. This way, we will know how much demanding the member is. For example, if somebody has 5,00 means that this member is always happy with all envelopes received, so we may expect a good feedback from a member when we send to him/her an envelope. But if alternatively, one member has a ratio of, for example, 3,54, means that this member is a very demanding one and because of this average, we may understand she/he is scoring low sometimes.

What do you think ?? This second ratio would also qualify all of us.

Thanks for your project. Me personally, and along with my son Nacho (6 years old, maybe the youngest in the club??), are very happy with exchanges and members we are getting in touch.

But once again, I suggest you should have a window of "donations" or similar. This is a hobby for you, but takes real time from your 24 hours day by day. Im sure. This website and its twins ones, take more than 5 minutes to arrange.

Thanks, Have a nice weekend, I suggest other members to express their opinions.
28 Feb 2018, 22:11:57
A rating is basically the opinion of one member. It would be nearly impossible that all of us would rate one exchange the same. An admin that approves low ratings, it's not practical because in the end its one member's word against another.

One low rating affects the average, but it does not affect the sending/receiving of stamps. It takes two different members to give low ratings to a member for that member to be suspended.
S, if it's just one, it could be an accident, but if they are two, probably there is a problem there.
28 Feb 2018, 21:50:52
One idea suggested in another post related to the photos that could also help in this situation, was to give the option to upload a photo when you send the stamps. I plan to add this in the future.
28 Feb 2018, 21:46:25
Thank you for your ideas. Many ideas from the community have been implemented and they helped grow this clubs.
About the average of given ratings, this could be tricky. I agree with @Feijoa_girl that this could do more harm then good.
About mandatory photos of negative ratings, I am not sure that this would help. A member could upload a different photo if it really wants to be unfair. Also, this would impact the ratio of positive/negative uploaded photos. We would have photos with all the low rated exchanges but only some of the high rated exchanges. And if we would look at the photos we would understand that there are more negative exchanges then they really are.
16 Feb 2018, 17:03:00
I agree with samerla...

Before you can leave a negative rating, a picture should be shown with a description on why they think the exchange deserves that rating. Before it can be publish the admin needs to see the stamps and rating before it can be published and only then the admin can approve or disapprove the rating.

Just my 2 cents worth...
16 Feb 2018, 16:16:01
I would suggest that when you provide a negative rating, you must publish the picture of the stamps. I just received a "1" from a newcomer because i guess he was in a bad mood!! I have an average rating of more than 4,85 and it was a long time i did not receive a rate lower than 5! I asked the person to publish the picture of the stamps so that everybody can make is own opinion but he did not even answer...
06 Feb 2018, 17:31:29
I think it would be interesting to know the scoring average given by a member to other members when receiving their envelopes. Specially, because some correlations could be obtained (by countries, by crossing sent x received envelopes, etc...). This would help to a better "identification" of all of us. Definitevely, low scores are maybe necessary, but become a problem when they are unfair. Im very sensitive in this club since I got a "2" rate for a correct lot. My dashboard keeps showing a red line, and it seems system has "fined" me during 10 sendings because of this. This is not nice. When somebody with an average of 4,90 for example, is scoring 1 or 2, means he /she is problably right. But then, I would wonder the average of those members scoring 1 or 2.
03 Feb 2018, 18:28:54
I understand but..... on the other side when you Would have 5.00 I Would do my best for you. If you had lees than 4.00 I Would maybe not be so much motivated. If you receive rubbish you are always free to low-score. I see its a difficult question this one ;)
03 Feb 2018, 09:05:35
Hello! In my opinion I think this idea might back fire. I'm worried that if someone sees for example that I always give a good rating, they will not try very hard or think they can send me any old rubbish. Conversely, if someone is mean and hard with their ratings, people will try extra hard to please them thus rewarding them for being harsh. I hope I am making sense!
Cheers Emily
swapstickers.club
Stickers Swaps