Used stamps exchanges.

You send 100 used stamps
to a random member
and you receive 100 back!

Discussions
Categories | Subjects | Messages
Extra stamps
03 Jan 2018, 13:20:20
As I am new here, just wondering if people would like it if once I fill the requirement of 100 good stamps, that I add a bunch of extra definitive and get the envelope up to max weight? They would still be undamaged, but more common stamps. Or would people just consider this junk?
13 Feb 2018, 08:20:28
I just send a mix of stamps that I would like to get my self, I just try not to send others their own country or surrounding countries. I would like to get more of security machines and ATM's, the smaller the stamp is the better, harder to identify is more fun, large stamps will just fill my stockbooks ;) I get lot of definitives and cto's, that is fine for me but I think that is strange that I get most of them from members that do not want definitives and cto's them self .
10 Jan 2018, 20:33:45
By Daddy ;)
10 Jan 2018, 20:33:10
We have a sentence in Spanish : "dont look at the mouth of a horse given"
I dont understand why to be hungry for some extra stamps. I always add extra stamps. And honestly... what is the trauma of definitive stamps? I learn about who is head of state in a country. President, queens, Kings, etc.... Are those stamps related to black mágic? to devil maybe? :):):) life is too short my friends!! Enjoy definitives!! They also teach you something.
10 Jan 2018, 18:31:53
belzkoch, the stamp differentiation into definitives and commemoratives is somewhat suppositive. Some authors of the stamp catalogues refer some stamps to the definitives, while the others - don't.
For example, to which category would you refer these stamps with overprints?
http://www.stampsforum.ru/media/kunena/attachments/65/Luxembourg_1944_3a_.jpg
Are they definitives? Are they CTO? Are these real postage stamps at all (for postage paid)? :)
10 Jan 2018, 09:04:41
I do the same from time to time, because I received definitives in one lot and I discovered I was missing some, that's why I send some myself too. You never know ...what else can you do with them??? I never send numbers, queens, kings as part of a 100 (although I have to admit that sometimes I don't know whether a stamp is a definitive or not, and a definitive from let's say Paraquay is different than the Dutch King's head, for me)
06 Jan 2018, 00:49:58
I have received this a few times so you are not the only one with that idea. I have always appreciated it as a generous gesture and you never know you might be missing one, or you receive a definitive with a nicer cancellation than your copy. So in my opinion it's a nice idea. I would only say if someone is yelling "NO DEFINITIVES", I wouldn't bother sending it to them. And of course you should tell that's what you're doing and/or put them separately. Welcome to the club it's a lot of fun I hope you enjoy :) Cheers Emily
04 Jan 2018, 20:27:11
... and some people after having counted 120 stamps write you not to send definitives :):)
04 Jan 2018, 18:46:59
i do the same sometimes (depends on requests that i can fulfill), but i always write, that i am sending some extras because of.............. people usually get it
04 Jan 2018, 11:32:53
hello Paul :)
I agree with you, I always add some extra stamps but I must warn you that some members downrated me because they came with their speech of "no cto's", no definitives, etc....
Since those situations, I normally send an email to my partner to whom I must send, and if I have a doubt, I ask.
Its my opinion if it is useful for you.
Happy New Year :)
04 Jan 2018, 05:30:04
Good thought, Paul. I have done more than 20 exchanges so far and have added spare stamps with every exchange. Recipients do appreciate the gesture. Try and match the needs of the collector you are sending stamps to.

Best wishes for the New Year!

unescopostcards.club
UNESCO Postcards