Used stamps exchanges.

You send 100 used stamps
to a random member
and you receive 100 back!

Discussions
Categories | Subjects | Messages
Group Rules and markings
20 Oct 2017, 03:00:54
I have sent out 8 lots of 100 hundred stamps and have so far received 2 deliveries back. The issue I am having with this arrangement is that I am having a limited amount of spares and the recipients get assigned randomly. Having read through these profiles and their limitations of what the recipients expect and the group rules are two different things. You get marked down as people receive things that are not on their wish list (with one delivery I have to admit their was one stamp that was sent twice in one lot by accident) and from another you get snooty remarks about old queens and the likes. My stamp lots are pre-packed and with one of these deliveries which I posted to Canada I actually took all the Canadian stamps out as I thought they might not be appreciated, still got the mark down for the old queens. Bringing it back to the "Old Queens comment, makes me wonder if a "Penny Black" had been included whether it would have been tarred with the same brush, as it is a definitive and that queen is even older. I can see that no reference or time to look at these stamps had been taken to evaluate, as they were all different ones and not only included were decimal ones but also old pence, shilling and half crown denominations. I have decided that this group might not be right for me, if you make the effort to take the time to go through with all this, put nice stamps on the envelope and bring it to the post office to get a proof of posting, only to get marked down because the recipient doesn't like and appreciates what has been posted. Therefore I will not be posting any further stamps but will keep my end of the bargain and register and mark the remaining outstanding deliveries to me. Happy swapping!
22 Oct 2017, 15:06:19
Krepki, but that is missing the point. The rules state 100 stamps and that's what I'd sent. If I haven't got any from the wish list then I can't send anything but just follow the rules. One recipient even revised her previous marking further as she felt justified as someone else wasn't happy with definitives. Her claim that she was given the same as in the photo from another recipient was also incorrect as I gave her some definitives but different commemoratives as I took all the Canadian and USA stamps out of her delivery as she didn't want any from that country. Shame that all the howling and growling about some definitives but no mention of the great variety of commemoratives. If it's such a big issue the the group rules should be changed to send only what's on the recipients list, the catch is you'll only find out once you've asked for an address. What do you do when you don't have anything on their list? As I said I will register and mark when people send back to me but I shall not participate in further sending and shall remove myself in due course, as in my opinion this system plays in the hands of the ungrateful. The recipient from Canada confirmed her down marking as she didn't like old stamps and definitives and nothing about quality and quantity.
22 Oct 2017, 10:08:31
look from the other end...
I have sent you a letter - you gave me 5 stars
I included 100 Germany stamps - so all were according to your wishes
I could use mix ww stamps & send you mostly definitives as some do - I guess you couldnt be happy as you were

Try to fulfill peoples wishes - we appriciate it & if you just send prepacked packs, that are full of junk/common stamps and in return wish specific country and even mint stamps...
you get the point

your sending have to be bad if you received 2 times mark 2 and from renomed collectors...
unescopostcards.club
UNESCO Postcards